- Epidemiology of TB, MDR-TB, XDR-TB and TB/HIV; social determinants, migrants and other vulnerable groups.
- WHO’s End TB Strategy and roadmap to implement TB action plan for the European Region, 2016-2020.
- Development of the DR-TB epidemic at a crossroads; can we prevent the development and spread of DR-TB?
- Perspectives of the National Tuberculosis Program (NTP) on implementing innovative diagnostics and treatment for MDR-TB.
- Updates on diagnosis of TB and TB drug resistance; TB diagnostic algorithm proposed by the European TB Laboratory Initiative (ELI).
- Designing an effective regimen using clinical case scenarios from the field; clinical issues, including patient perspectives.
- Updates on treatment of drug-susceptible TB and patient care.
- TB drug safety considerations; monitoring and management of adverse events; the role of audiometry in supporting the use of novel agents; active drug safety monitoring and management (aDSM).
- Use of shorter MDR-TB regimens in European regions; the ethical imperative to move to shorter regimens.
- Treatment of MDR-TB in special situations, including children, pregnancy, and breastfeeding.
- TB/HIV coinfection.
- Adjuvant therapies in M/XDR-TB management: nutrition, surgery, rehabilitation.
- Fundamentals of infection control; FAST: a TB infection control strategy.
- Management of failures and chronic patients in an era of new drugs and regimens; the role of palliative care.
- Developing models of care for MDR-TB patients; people-centered TB care, including ethical issues, human rights, and treatment in hospital or outpatient settings.
- Monitoring of treatment effectiveness and outcome evaluation for TB and MDR-TB patients.
- Procurement and supply management (PSM).
Clinicians, staff of national TB programs, persons responsible for diagnostics and treatment of DR-TB, from countries with high levels of DR-TB
Duration and language
9 business days (from Monday to Wednesday, including Saturday)
Available in Russian and English
1930 EUR, including training materials, site visit, local transport, catering during working hours/on working days, social events, visa support, reduced per diem (30 EUR x 11 days)
hotel accommodation (from ~ 40 EUR to ~ 80 EUR per night), international flight, visa