This hands-on work training was designed by combining the latest evidence and recommendations on rapid molecular diagnostic methods with practical work at the TB Supranational Reference Laboratory in Riga, Latvia
- Epidemiology of TB, MDR-TB, XDR-TB and TB/HIV. Social determinants, migrants and other vulnerable groups.
- Development of DR-TB epidemic on crossroads. Can we prevent development and spread of DR-TB?
- National Tuberculosis Program (NTP) perspectives on implementing innovative diagnostics and treatment for MDR-TB.
- Updates on diagnosis of TB and TB drug resistance. Proposed TB diagnostic algorithm by the European TB Laboratory Initiative (ELI).
- Using of shorter MDR-TB regimens in Europe regions.
- TB Laboratory services and laboratory network.
- Molecular line probe assays for the detection of mutations associated with resistance to first and second line TB drugs.
- Internal and external quality control at different diagnostic methods.
- Infection control requirement for laboratories at different levels.
- Drug susceptibility testing for Delamanid and Bedaquiline (Linezolid).
TB Laboratory specialists
Duration and language
5 business days (from Monday to Friday)
Currently available in Russian language
1360 EUR, including training materials, site visit, local transport, catering during working hours/on working days, social events, visa support, reduced per diem (30 EUR x 6 days)
hotel accommodation (from ~ 40 EUR to ~ 80 EUR per night), international flight, visa.