This course is designed to empower and strengthen capacity of nurses and public health staff working in TB care settings for universal coverage of people-centred TB care. Objectives of this course are to scale-up approaches and introduce with best practices in people-oriented model of TB care for better diagnosis and treatment outcomes.
- Global epidemiology of TB, DR-TB, TB/HIV and WHO strategy and targets for TB prevention, care, and control.
- WHO evidence and policy framework on people-centred TB care.
- Nursing approach to a people-centred model of TB care.
- Latest updated and evidence in TB clinical management.
- Professional competences of nurses in TB field.
- TB nursing care in improved prevention, detection and treatment of TB.
- Addressing stigma and health care workers well being in people-centred model of TB care.
- Digital health solutions for treatment adherence and patient support.
- VOT as treatment adherence intervention.
- Effective healthcare communication.
- Education and counselling in TB care.
- TB patient care in inpatient and outpatient settings.
- Role of intersectoral collaboration in effective TB care.
TB nurses, other public health staff, involved in TB care
Duration and language
5 business days (from Monday to Friday)
1200 EUR, including training materials, site visit, local transport, catering during working hours/on working days, visa support
hotel accommodation (from ~ 40 EUR to ~ 80 EUR per night), international flight, visa, reduced per diem