This hands-on work training was designed by combining the latest evidence and recommendations on rapid molecular diagnostic methods with practical work at the TB Supranational Reference Laboratory in Riga, Latvia.
- Epidemiology of TB, DR-TB and TB/HIV.
- Updates on diagnosis of TB and TB drug resistance.
- Proposed TB diagnostic algorithm by the European TB Laboratory Initiative (ELI).
- Use of shorter DR-TB regimens in European regions.
- TB Laboratory services and laboratory network, possibilities of integration with HIV, Viral hepatitis programs.
- Detection of mutations associated with resistance to first and second line anti-TB medicines.
- Mowing towards laboratory accreditation, internal and external quality control.
- Infection control requirement for laboratories at different levels.
- Drug susceptibility testing for new and repurposed anti-TB medicines.
- Laboratory detection of latent TB infection for strengthening preventive treatment of contacts and high risk groups.
- Effective communication for ensuring precise reporting and interpretation of the result.
Duration and language
5 business days (from Monday to Friday). Available in Russian language.
TB laboratory specialists
1200 EUR, including training materials, site visit, local transport, catering during working hours/on working days, visa support (excluding hotel accommodation, international flight, visa costs and daily allowance)